Thursday, February 18, 2010

Thought I Had Forgotten About You, Eh??


A wise man once wrote in my 2001 West Orange High School Yearbook.... "It seems like Yesterday that we met Yesterday, but it wasn't...but I wish it was." I'm not lying to you guys either, that was actually written in my yearbook, and it has given my friends and I almost a decades worth of entertainment.
It wasn't until recently however since I've stopped updating the blog that I've started to truly understand the significance of those graduation/parting words.
"It seems like yesterday that we met yesterday" It only seems like a few days ago that TSGOT was started as a result of boredom... a grown man lying around his house without anything better to do as he awaited busy season at work to kick into gear... "But it wasnt" It really has been like 3 months.... "BUT I WISH IT WAS!" You're right Doug, I wish it was too... I wish i still had the zest to publish every night when i got home from work...the desire to create and entertain the masses (all 4 people who read), and I think it's safe to say that like may other bloggers...I have lost my way.

But just like Doug seemingly lost his way as he scribbled all over the back page of my yearbook, he was able to pick his ass up by his boot straps and finish his quote with one of the greatest endings to a speech of ALL TIMEEE.... "Lee- Rember Luck and Wishes" That's not a typo either people... that sonofabitch wanted to express how badly he wanted me to remember the "luck" and "wishes" we shared that he created his own Fuckin word! And that is passion people. It's with the same fervor that I will update the blog with, and the same rapture that we shall all share as we embark upon what will certainly be one of the greatest Saturday nights ever had... because Saturday night in the Bokes is officially "The Night of Luck and Wishes."

Soo without further ado the tentative gampeplan is as follows... a steak over at Arthurs (Marks Idea).... a pregame over at 307 (probably should tell the guys who live there about this)... and then finally an absolute shit show at 340 grille (there could be no better place to have such an event). Rember folks... it seems like yesterday that we alll met yesterday, but it wasnt, but I wish it was.... so lets get hammered about it!

Oh by the way...throughout the night, It would be awesome if we all greeted eachother with "Spartan-like" handshakes as we wish each other "Luck and Wishes." Just a thought...

No comments:

Post a Comment