Tuesday, March 16, 2010

March Madness Baby!!!




Its that time of year again folks...time to fill out those brackets and become the toast of the town at your workplace. That's right people....its NCAA Tournament Time... Yeeeehaaaa!!! An event so great that an entire nation will have two web pages opened up on their office desktops for 2 weeks straight...one for those TPS reports, and the other for the Utah State/Texas A&M game. March has been an incredible month in my life for the past 17 years as my first bracket I ever made won my fathers office pool (Thanks Chris Weber). There's no feeling quite like winning an NCAA office pool, especially when you're ten and things like taking a dump are a daily adventure. Every year since the 1993 tournament I have chosen Syracuse to go to the final four, and this year is no different (I have them winning). This strategy, which often leaves me out of the money, payed dividends only one time since than, as the 4 seeded Orange got to the Finals after beating Georgia in an insta-classic. But this isn't about Syracuse people. This is about grown men and women duking it out with some sniveling 9 year old kid who picks winners based on which mascot he thinks is the cutest. The tournament is about pride people. Its about who knows their shit, and who just listens to Dicky V. What's the point of this post, I have no idea, but I know one thing....Ole Boy is gonna make one hell of a run in his office pool in 2010...

No comments:

Post a Comment